In case you already have a soldering station in your workshop, then you might not be interested in buying a soldering gun. Since a soldering gun consists of both the soldering tip and the heating element, it will not work with your existing soldering station.
If you want something to go along with your soldering station, then you should consider getting something like the best soldering pencils stated later on because of these features:
- Wattage: Whether you are buying a soldering iron or a soldering pencil, you would want it to be as powerful as possible. Thus, make sure to check its wattage rating. Generally, soldering pencils range between 50 and 60 watts where a soldering pencil with a higher wattage rating will be more powerful.
- Temperature Range: Other than checking the wattage, you can also look up the temperature range of your soldering pencil. Usually, soldering pencils have temperature ranges of around 300 degrees Fahrenheit to 800 degrees Fahrenheit or something similar.
- Warranty: When talking about tools like soldering irons, you would want yours to last for as long as possible. Hence, you should consider checking the warranty of your soldering pencil. Even though not all of them may offer a warranty, some models offer a 7-year warranty and a few even include a lifetime warranty.
Surely these factors can be quite handy while buying a soldering pencil. But, when it comes to buying the perfect one, there is more to know. This includes their important specifications and details as well as a complete and proper detailed buying guide that you can find by going through this listicle until the end for buying the best soldering pencil.
Best Soldering Pencils
Top Soldering Pencils Reviews
Baitaihem is a viable option if you want something highly powerful yet affordable for your soldering needs as most of its offerings are quite powerful.
The Baitaihem soldering pencil comes at the 1st position of this list since you get a pretty large temperature range from it. To be exact, this soldering pencil can go from 392 degrees Fahrenheit to 896 degrees Fahrenheit.
You are able to get such high performance from the soldering pencil because of its wattage rating of 60 watts. although since this brand is quite small and on the affordable side, it lacks any kind of warranty.
- Consumes 60 watts of power
- Temperature range of 392 degrees Fahrenheit to 896 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with a warranty period of 1 year
- Excellent temperature range
- High value for money soldering pencil
- Great wattage warranty
- Lacks any form of warranty
Out of all the various brands of soldering irons and soldering pencils out there, Weller is one of the most popular ones for its powerful yet highly reliable offerings.
Weller’s PES51 soldering pencil comes at the 2nd position of this article because this can be a great option if you want something powerful but also want it to last for a long time. Starting with its performance, this soldering pencil goes from 350 degrees Fahrenheit to 850 degrees Fahrenheit which is on the higher side.
Because this well folding pencil is able to offer this kind of performance while having a watts rating of 50 watts, it can be considered as a highly efficient one. Being a reputable brand of soldering pencils, the given warranty period of 7 years long is to be expected at the given price tag.
- Consumes 50 watts of power
- Temperature range of 350 degrees Fahrenheit to 850 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with a warranty period of 7 year
- Quite a reliable soldering pencil
- Pretty decent performance
- Efficient yet powerful
- Slightly on the expensive side
We have yet another soldering pencil from Weller here in this article which happens to be quite cheaper than the previous one but an equally reliable option.
This Weller WM120 soldering pencil comes at the 3rd position of this listicle as it can be a great option for those who want a reliable one but not a highly powerful soldering pencil. Unfortunately, being a low power soldering pencil means that you only get a fixed temperature of 800 degrees Fahrenheit with that.
A great thing about this soldering pencil from Weller is that you do not have to worry about power consumption because it has a very low wattage rating of 12 watts. And just like the previous Weller soldering pencil stated above, this one also includes a 7-year warranty.
- Consumes 12 watts of power
- Temperature rating of 800 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with a warranty period of 1 year
- Viable reliable soldering pencil
- Low power consumption
- Relatively cheaper soldering pencil
In comparison with other brands of soldering pencils, Harpost is a much smaller brand that is known for offering cheaper options for buyers on a budget.
The Harpost soldering pencil is much cheaper than the rest of the soldering pencils stated in this listicle. Even at its given affordable price tag, you still get a pretty decent temperature range of 392 degrees Fahrenheit to 842 degrees Fahrenheit.
As you would expect from such a temperature range, this soldering pencil has a wattage rating of 60 which is needed for this level of performance. However, if you are looking for reliable soldering pencils, you should look elsewhere since this one lacks any kind of warranty.
- Consumes 60 watts of power
- Temperature range of 392 degrees Fahrenheit to 842 degrees Fahrenheit
- Entry-level soldering pencil for budget buyers
- Quite a good temperature range
- Similar wattage rating as higher-end options
- Does not offer a manufacturer warranty
If you want your soldering pencil to last for a very long time, then you can go with Delcast and its soldering pencil offerings like the one mentioned down below.
Delcast’s JY60-A soldering pencil is much more reliable when compared with most other soldering pencils available in the market. Other than that it also offers pretty good performance with its given wattage rating of 60 watts.
Unfortunately, this soldering pencil is not for those who want an adjustable one since you only get a fixed temperature rating of 361.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Coming to the best thing about this soldering pencil, you would love the fact that it includes a lifetime warranty making it much more reliable than most other options out there.
- Consumes 60 watts of power
- Temperature range of 361.4 degrees Fahrenheit
- Comes with a lifetime warranty period
- Excellent option for long term usage
- Quite a high wattage rating
- Includes lead solder in the box
- Does not offer a variable temperature
Topzone can be another viable option if you want a soldering pencil that is affordable but still offers decent performance.
This Topzone soldering pencil is an entry-level offering and a pretty good option for those of you who are on a budget. Starting with its performance numbers, you get a power rating of 30 watts with it.
However, Topzone does not mention any kind of temperature rating with this soldering pencil which can be a letdown for some buyers. That being said, one of the best things about the soldering pencil is that you get various accessories included inside the box. You also get a 10-day warranty included with it which is better than nothing.
- Consumes 30 watts of power
- Comes with a warranty period of 10 days
- Cheap soldering pencil
- Offers various handy accessories
- Decent performance numbers
- Does not mention any temperature rating
Buying Guide for the Best Soldering Pencils
Those of you who work on a lot of soldering projects may already have a soldering station. In case that is the case, then you cannot use a soldering iron along with it.
Rather, you will have to get a compatible soldering pencil since they do not have their own heating element and rely on your soldering station instead. And thus, we have already discussed some of the best soldering pencils up above. These have been presented in this listicle along with important information like their significant features and options. While this information is enough for most, you can check out this detailed buying guide for the best soldering pencils if you want to know more:
If your soldering pencil is not powerful enough, you will not be able to solder anything using it. Thankfully, you can easily get an idea of the performance offered by your soldering pencil by checking its wattage rating. While some may be rated at 50 watts, other options may even be rated at 60 watts for even better performance. Out of these two options, the higher one offers better performance.
While buying a soldering pencil, you can also check its temperature range to get an idea of its performance. Just like the wattage rating, a higher temperature range results in better performance. With a soldering pencil that can go to a high temperature, you can easily solder any metal of your choice. Talking about the soldering pencils mentioned above, they usually go between 300 degrees Fahrenheit to 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
Even though the warranty of your soldering pencil does not affect the performance, you should still check it because it is always great to get a reliable one.
Although budget options may not offer a warranty, higher and models can come with a 7-year warranty or even a lifetime warranty in some cases. Thankfully even if your soldering pencil does not have a warranty, it is highly likely that it will last for a pretty long time.
Even though a soldering pencil is quite similar to a soldering iron in terms of its functioning, these are made for different uses. While a soldering iron has the soldering tip and the heating element, a soldering pencil only has the soldering tip. Instead, these are designed to work along with your existing soldering station.
If you also have one, then you can get something like the best soldering pencils discussed up above. Although, if you are still not able to buy one, then you can simply get one of our preferred recommendations for the best soldering pencils:
- In case that you want a reliable soldering pencil, then you can consider the Delcast JY-60 soldering pencil. This is the only option stated above which includes a lifetime warranty. as for its performance, you get a voltage rating of 60 watts. However, it has a fixed temperature rating of 361.4 degrees Fahrenheit which can be a let down for some buyers.
- Talking about the temperature range, the Baitaihem 64-053 soldering pencil happens to be the most versatile option here. With this, you get an excellent temperature range of 392 degrees Fahrenheit to 896 degrees Fahrenheit. All of this is possible thanks to its 60 watts of power rating.
- Since not everyone has the budget for a premium soldering pencil, Harpost post offers a pretty affordable one. Unlike what you would expect from a budget offering, this one has a wattage rating of 60 watts. As a result, it is able to offer a pretty decent temperature range of 392 degrees Fahrenheit to 842 degrees Fahrenheit.