If you live in a cold climate, then using a heater during the winters becomes highly important and essential to keep yourself warm against the harsh weather. Although, using something like a burning wood fire stove is not a viable option for people living in modern houses. This is where a gas fireplace stove can be a great pick for your house because of the following features:
- Heating Capacity: All fireplace stoves out there, including gas ones, have a heating capacity rating that tells you about their performance. This rating is given in BTU and includes options like 20000 BTU or 30000 BTU, where a higher rating is better for better performance.
- Heating Area: You can also check the supported heating area of your fireplace stove to get an idea about its performance. This includes options like 700 square feet or 1000 square feet gas fire stoves where a higher rating is better for larger homes and buildings.
- Fuel Type: Even though all of the fireplace stoves mentioned in this article use gas as a fuel, they might use different kinds of gases. While some models might use either natural gas or liquid propane, a few models might even support both of these for ease of use.
Today, we are here with some of the best gas fireplace stoves along with all their details. This includes things like their features and options, as well as a detailed Buying Guide related to these gas fireplace stoves. In other words, you can go through this article until the end and pick up the perfect fireplace stove for you.
5 Best Gas Fireplace Stoves
5 Best Gas Fireplace Stoves Reviews
Pleasant Hearth is one of the most popular brands of fireplace stoves out there that offer multiple models with multiple handy features while being decently reliable and durable.
The Pleasant Hearth VFS2-PH30DT gas fireplace stove is present in the 1st position in this article as it makes for a great option if you want a fireplace for your home. This is simply due to the reason that it offers a pretty decent heating capacity of 30000 BTU. Although, the heating area rating of 1000 square feet might be a bit low for some users out there.
As this product is from a popular and reputable brand called Pleasant Hearth, you get a 2-year long warranty with it that is quite great. You also get a pretty decent build quality with it for durability. A great thing about this gas fireplace stove is that it is quite compact and small, which allows you to fit it in almost any corner of your choice easily.
- Heating capacity of 30000 BTU
- Heating area of 1000 square feet
- Comes with a 2-year long warranty
- Offers high reliability with long warranty
- Small and compact form factor
- Ideal for home usage
- Heating area is just average
In comparison with other brands out there, ProCom is a lesser-known brand of fireplace stove but still manages to offer high-performance numbers that are higher than a traditional stove for home-usage.
ProCom’s QNSD250T gas fireplace stove is present in the 2nd position in this article as it offers high-performance numbers when compared with other home usage models. You get quite a great heating capacity rating of 25000 BTU. Its heating area capacity of 1100 square feet is also pretty good and should allow users to easily heat up most spaces.
If you want a safe gas fireplace stove, then its oxygen depletion sensor can be quite handy for you. The whole ignition process takes place using a battery-assisted ignitor that makes this unit quite safe. This fireplace stove from ProCom comes backed by a 1-year long warranty for peace of mind. Unfortunately, its build quality is just average and leaves the user wanting more.
- Heating capacity of 25000 BTU
- Heating area of 1100 square feet
- Comes with a 1-year long warranty
- Multiple safety features and options
- Decent heating performance
- Highly efficient gas burner
Next on our list is the Kozy World Comfort Glow gas stove. Kozy World manufactures and supplies a wide range of household products including wall heaters, home decor items, and gas stoves.
Kozy World’s Comfort Glow gas stove recreates the ambiance of a real wood fire without the manual work of burning wood. It can heat up to 850 sq. ft.
You can either use natural (NG) or propane (LP) gas as fuel to run this stove. Besides, you do not need a vent for this stove. You can save the cost of installing a vent.
One of the best features of the product is that it comes with thermostatic heat control. It senses the temperature and produces heat accordingly. When it comes to durability, the gas stove is second to none on the list. It is made of heavy-duty steel that can withstand high temperatures.
All the controls are on the front side of the gas stove. It makes it easier for you to access the controls and change the settings.
Kozy World has backed this fireplace gas stove with a 2-year warranty.
Note: California state law prohibits the use of this gas stove. If you are a resident of California, you can not use this product. This is because the built-in oxygen safety sensor makes vent-free products stop working properly at heights over 4500 ft. from sea level.
We recommend you check your state laws before purchasing this product.
- Heating capacity of 20000 BTU
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- 2-year warranty
- No need of installing a vent
- Simple controls
- Controls temperature using a thermostat
- Very durable
Those of you who are looking for highly powerful gas fireplace stoves should consider Sure Heat BRO24NG as it is one of the most powerful options out there in terms of its heating capacity.
The Sure Heat BRO24NG is the most powerful option present in this article and a great pick for heavy-duty usage. Its heating capacity is rated at 60000 BTU that is much higher than all other models and more than enough for most users out there. While there is no specific heating area rating, you can expect it to heat up large rooms with ease.
Apart from being highly powerful, the aesthetics offered by this gas fireplace stove are also quite great as it looks great with its artificial wood logs. This 24-inch fireplace stove is also very compact and should fit in most homes without any issues.
- Heating capacity of 60000 BTU
- Gas fireplace stove size of 24 inches
- Comes with a 1-year long warranty
- Most powerful fireplace stove
- Great looking artificial wooden logs
- Small and compact form factor
Almost all of the product offerings from Napoleon are highly reliable and durable, including its gas fireplace stoves that can easily last for a long time while used at your home.
This Napoleon GDS20N gas fireplace stove is the most durable and reliable option present in this article. While other models come with a 1-year long warranty, this one comes with a lifetime warranty. When combined with its excellent build quality, you can expect it to last for a long time easily.
Apart from being highly durable and reliable, its heating capacity of 20000 BTU is also quite decent. As for the heating area rating, it is just average at best because of the 700 square feet rating. Talking about the aesthetics, this fireplace stove offers a classic design with its metallic look that goes great with any fireplace stove out there.
- Heating capacity of 20000 BTU
- Heating area of 700 square feet
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Most durable and reliable option
- Decent heating capacity rating
- Great looking fireplace stove
- Quite an expensive fireplace stove
- Average heating area rating
Buying Guide For The Best Gas Fireplace Stove
Fireplace stoves, including the gas-powered models mentioned in this article, are considered to be the best option in terms of their performance. But if you are interested in knowing more, then we are here with a buying guide related to gas fireplace stoves just for you. This buying guide has all of the important factors and aspects related to gas fireplace stoves that can be handy to pick up the perfect one for you after going through the following points:
1. Heating Capacity
One of the most important things to check before getting any kind of fireplace stove is its heating capacity rating, as it directly tells you about its performance numbers. Generally, this rating is given in either just BTU or BTU/hour, depending on the model that you get.
While some models offer a heating capacity of 20000 BTU, others might be rated at a higher 60000 BTU for better heating performance. A higher BTU or heating capacity rating allows you to reach higher temperatures quickly and easily while using such a fireplace stove in your room.
2. Heating Area
The heating area rating of your fireplace stove can be another great way to get an idea about its performance. This heating area rating tells you about the space such a fireplace stove can effectively heat up during winters. As you would expect, different fireplace stoves have different heating area ratings according to different use case scenarios.
Generally, budget options come with a heating area rating of 700 square feet that is ideal for home-usage. Although more powerful models might even go up to 1250 square feet and even higher in some cases. If you are also using your gas fireplace stove in a large-sized building, it is recommended to get one with a high heating area rating.
3. Gas Fuel Type
Even though all of the fireplace stoves mentioned in this article use gas as a fuel, all of the various models out there still differ from each other in terms of their preferred gas fuel types. This is due to the reason that some models use liquid propane gas as a fuel while others might use natural gas as a fuel.
Even though these do not have much difference in terms of the performance, you should still check the supported gas fuel type so that you get the correct and compatible fireplace stove model for your home. Thankfully, a few of the fireplace stoves out there allow you to use both fuel types as per your wish that results in higher compatibility.
4. Design and Size
Usually, most buyers skip on the design and size of a fireplace stove before getting one. But checking the design of a fireplace stove is highly important as it can tell you about the aesthetics of a given stove. This can help you to ensure that a given unit fits just right in your home in terms of its looks and design.
Apart from the looks, you should also check the form factor and size of your fireplace stove to ensure that it fits properly in the space where you want to use it. If you are getting a compact unit, it is also possible to move it from one place to another if ever needed.
Once you have gone through all these factors, you must have selected the right fireplace stove for you and would want it to last for a long time. And now you would want it to last for a long time so that you do not have to buy a new one again and again. Thus, making sure that a given unit is durable and reliable enough is quite important.
The first thing that you should check in a gas fireplace stove is its warranty. While most of the options out there come with a 1-year long warranty, a few models might even offer a lifetime warranty. Other than that, checking the build quality of your fireplace stove is also recommended. Generally, any model that is made out of steel or cast iron can easily last for a long time.
When compared with other types of fireplace stoves, a gas fireplace stove is much easier to use because of its fuel type. These are also environmentally friendly compared to a wood or charcoal fireplace stove. And unlike an electric fireplace stove, these are much more powerful in terms of their heat output.
Thus, we have mentioned some of the best gas fireplace stoves up above in this article. We have also provided you with all the required details, like their features and options, as well as a detailed buying guide related to such fireplace stoves. That being said, if you are still confused, then you should consider getting one of the following recommended fireplace stoves:
- You can go with the Napoleon GDS20N gas fireplace stove if you want yours to last for a long time. Apart from offering an excellent build quality, this model also comes with a lifetime warranty for peace of mind. As for its heating capacity, it is rated at 20000 BTU that should be quite decent for most users out there.
- The Emberside by Sure Heat BRO24NG gas fireplace stove is the most powerful option present in this article because of its pretty high heating capacity of 60000 BTU. While it does not have a certain heating area rating, it should be more than enough for most users as it can easily heat up large spaces. You also get a decent 1-year long warranty with it.
- Comfort Glow’s GSD2846 can be a great consideration if you want a high heating area of 1250 square feet. Its heating capacity of 30000 BTU is also quite high as it can easily reach high temperatures. Since this is a dual gas fireplace stove, you can use any gas of your choice without any issues.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!